Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the church at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve the community by providing education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers all pupils.
Childhood is a very special time and we are fully committed to encouraging all children to love learning and aspire to excellence and enjoyment. Lovington Church of England Primary School is committed to nurturing the whole child, by developing their skills, knowledge, attitudes and spirituality. We believe this is achieved through providing a range of opportunities in a secure, stimulating and purposeful environment where children find learning enjoyable. Together we aim to support the children to …
Dream ~ Explore ~ Enjoy
This sums up everything we believe in and guides everything we do.
Guide to Our Values
What Are Values?
Values are expressions of worth that help give meaning to the way we live ~ as individuals or as an organisation.
So What Are Our Values?
As a Church of England school, we have carefully considered the values which are at the heart of our work, underpinning the way we do things as individuals and as a school, as well as our commitment to children and families.
We believe in …
- developing a sense of hope and optimism for the future
- creating trust at the heart of all relationships
- showing respect, politeness and consideration
- developing kindness and thinking of others showing humility and sensitivity
- encouraging responsibility and being reliable
- having the ability to make moral decisions,
- developing positive relationships ~ the partnership between home, school and the wider community
- enabling active members of a constantly changing society
These values were decided upon by the children in consultation with the whole school community.
How Do We Share Our Values?
As a school we focus on each one of our value statements for a term.
We look at our Values in Collective Worship and in the curriculum.
Examples of the children’s understanding of our Values are displayed around the school showing what our values look like in action and as reminders for all.